FACTORY SEALED 1999 President's Choice CP 4-6-2 Pacific Express Limited Edition Train Set HO Scale
FACTORY SEALED 1999 President's Choice CP 4-6-2 Pacific Express Limited Edition Train Set
Sold only in Canadian grocery stores, the eleven Limited Edition HO Scale Train Sets introduced by the President's Choice Company each Christmas from 1992 through 2005 (they skipped a couple of years) are some of the most rare and intriguing ever offered. President's Choice was, and is to this day, the supplier of a full line of private label President's Choice (PC) products to many grocery stores throughout the Western, Central and Atlantic Regions of Canada. What madness prompted PC not only to have Mehano in Slovenia produce uniquely Canadian model train sets for them but to also sell these sets only through Canadian grocery stores is something that, perhaps, only a Canadian might understand. In any case, against all odds the madness proved to be genius as the limited edition sets sold out each and every year. Go figure.
The cornerstones of the eleven sets, and, mostly, what makes them so fascinating and collectible, are the locomotives themselves. In almost every case, PC had Mehano create prototypically correct models of legendary locomotives developed by, and of great historical importance to, Canada and her great railroads. These unique and spectacular locomotive models were never offered to, or made available through, any non-Canadian grocery store outlets. Though some of the accompanying consists are also of interest, in reality, these great sets are a bargain even if just for the locomotives alone.
Excerpt from Box Text:
"At the turn of the 20th century, the world embraced the very first long haul, high speed steam passenger locomotives, the 4-6-2 Semi-Steamlined Pacific. Its unique wheel configuration, aerodynamic design and more powerful boiler proved to be the answer to passengers' ever growing need for rapid and efficient train transportation.
For forty years, this engineering marvel ruled the railways of the world. As time passed however, these honorable steam passenger locomotives were replaced by younger and more cost-effective breed of diesel electric locomotives. The 4-6-2 Semi-Steamlined Pacific was sadly relegated to the less glamorous duty of freight service, and ironically helped fuel its successor, and ultimately precipitated its own demise, by sometimes hauling oil.
At this, the turn of the 21st century, we are proud to commemorate this speed pioneer with our limited collector's edition President's Choice 4-6-2 Pacific Express train set. Only 10,002 sets of this series have been produced. Our faithfully reproduced locomotive is accompanied by 5 tanker cars, a tender car and a caboose, all specially decorated.
Compatible with all HO scale model electric train sets, including our entire PC Collector's Series, this set is a welcome addition to any collection."
Canadian Pacific Railways 4-6-2 Semi-Streamlined steam locomotive, Road Number 2468
- Factory Sealed C-9 Mint Condition.
- Engine weight: 352g (12.4 ounces)
- Operating locomotive headlight and automatic backup light on tender car.
- Heavy duty can motor.
- Coated brass flywheel.
- Helical matched gears.
- Intricately matched smooth running gear transmission.
- Functional nickel-plated coined brass driving rods.
- Metal boiler hand railings.
- Metal coupler lift bar on loco pilot deck and rear of tender car.
- 24 karat gold-plated swivel bell.
- Separate pilot deck apron molding.
- Separate running board skirt molding.
- White wall wheels.
- Authentically detailed, painted and lettered with unique collector's quality markings.
- Will operate on 46cm (18in) radius oval track layout.
- 5 Fat Albert Tanker cars.
- PSI NATX53705 Tanker
- PCX LUCX302328 Tanker
- PCOX99 Tanker Peacock Brand Petroleum Co. Ltd.
- UTLX766211 Tanker Dominion Resins
- DACX711867 Tanker Dominion Amalgamated Alaphatic resins Co. Ltd.
- 1 caboose with specialty President's Choice Insider's Report collector's graphics.
- Quality brass track for oval layout.
- Track layout instructions.
- CSA-approved power pack with connecting wire.
- Assembly and operation instructions.
- TCS T1 Standard DCC Decoder Installed.
- TCS T1KA Standard DCC Decoder w/KEEP ALIVE Installed
- TCS WOWSound 101 DCC/Sound Decoder Installed.
- TCS WOWSound 101KA DCC/Sound Decoder w/KEEP ALIVE Installed.
- Engineer Figure Installed in Cab.*
- Upgrade locomotive and all cars to Knuckle Couplers.*
HO Scale 1:87
*By selecting ANY of the *asterisk marked Options you are acknowledging that you WILL NOT receive this product in sealed condition. Also, by selecting ANY of the *asterisk marked Options this product will be certified according to the MRRHQ Certification Process at no additional charge.